Tailor near brisbane?

Kboukes

Mate, try Bribie. Was up there today fishing for whiting in Deception Bay. Haven't been there for years. Anyway, the last beach on the southern side of the passage (not sure what it is called) has a small sand spit that drops off into about 8 metres of water. Saw lots of surface action there today and landed a small 30cm tailor drifting past that area on the way back to the boat ramp. Would be easily accessible from the shore using any vehicle. Lots of bait fish in the area as well, so should be worth a try.

As far as my tailor experience goes, all you need is some toby style lures.

Throw 'em out, and wind as fast as you can. If you don't get any in 20 casts, there is none there.

I've also had some good luck with plastics. But you I find them better if you keep 'em off the bottom, so work a plastic like you normally would with the tip held higher to keep the lure higher in the water.

No clear type plastics, they just bite 'em in half, however, nuclear chicken / cajun chicken will normally last 5 fish.

At fraser last year I got my 20 fish in 20 casts, at the cost of 4 plastics.

Also any of the spanyid lures are awesome. Anything shiny in the water will get hit.

If your keen for a fish for landbased tailor this week give me a PM cos Ill be missing the fishin' trip this year due to work, so I need my fix.

• 2 weeks later...

you could try the rockwalls down at Manly, Aquatic paradise Birkdale, Raby Bay Harbour, Redland bay...etc.... I havent tried them myself but ive been looking at them alot lately as I work in these areas every day and from what ive seen, im keen to drop some poppers or plastics in these spots in the near future.

Was cleaning some Grafitti down the end of Mary Pleasant Drive at Aquatic Paradise last week from a council sign at the end of the canal and seen some nice surface action and the water was so nice a clean and blue, I wish I had a stick and a lure with me that day, but im definately gonna go back when I get some time....cheers Beejay

Archived