Shimano Stradic CI4 'Drag Upgrade'

Mr FeLiX

Afternoon all,

After a bit of deliberation, I've decided to keep my CI4 B) in action for as long as I can. I reguarly keep the reel clean and free of salt/build ups and it is presteen.

I would, however, like to upgrade my drag system to get the optimum efficiency out of it. I've heard of these upgrades being around, but have had no luck in finding them myself. I'm in the south Bris area, so if anyone knows of somewhere that will do the upgrade, that would be great.

Will also purchase them online

Cheers for the help

Felix :woohoo:

rosstralia46 wrote:

kind of related subject i asked daiwa 4 some sol 2500 spools they said it would cost $150 :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: couldnt believe it gud luck with the upgrade

jeeeeeze cant you get a universal daiwa 2500 spool?

Mr FeLiX wrote:

Thanks for the help all,

I'll contact shimano regarding warranty and find someone to do a service on the CI4. I'll try tackle warehouse tonight to see if they can order spare spools

Cheers

Felix

Pretty sure a 2500 stradic spool will fit and be a bit cheaper . Have you googled jack erskine I have bought washers for my abu's off him before and there magic.

Kenshin wrote:

rosstralia46 wrote:
kind of related subject i asked daiwa 4 some sol 2500 spools they said it would cost $150 :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: couldnt believe it gud luck with the upgrade

jeeeeeze cant you get a universal daiwa 2500 spool?

I wanna know this too.

Do all Real Four Reel's spool are exchangable? Or not, such as only for models released after which year?

Or even others non-Real Four Reel's spools can fit? Like the sweepfire, etc.

There are some cheapy spool below $50 from lower end daiwa's reel being cleared out at motackle. I just dont know whether they suit or not.

Archived