Doughnut avoided moreton bay

tyrion

After finally getting on the water at 5:30am friday morning (hungover deckies) what was forecast to be an ordinary day was already proving promising, with no breeze to be spoken of and some of the thickest fog ive seen out there we headed of to the western side of peel. Drifting for an hour or so for nothing but pinkies we headed of to the northern tip of peel for much the same result.

The decision was made to chug to harries at around 9ish with the fog still hanging around it made for a slow trip with visibility dropping to around 20m at one stage finally made it there and seen a barge there with a spud down to hold himself in place we were thinking wonder what hes doing. We continued past him a little to find a nice drift and as soon as the baits hit the water out of the fog a shark cat appeared at full stick straight in our direction. Instantly my thought's were "Ello ere we go", lines back in and waited for this bloke who was just letting us know to be sure that or drift leaves us around 200m from the barge "Oh yeah now worries". I asked him what they were up to over there and it turns out they were making a new reef with some nice concrete pipes. should be some good bottom there and will definitely hold some nice fish with lots of places to hide. Here a shot i got of the barge

P1010263.jpg

We continued on our drift for some more pinkies and then up comes this bloke who went 35 with some imagination and tail stretching so of he went to find a home in the new reef .

P1010264.jpg

A few more pinkies and it was time to try somewhere else on the way back to the ramp we stopped in at green and wello to feed some more pinkies and bream then it was off home.

Tyrion

Strrrrrrrrretch!!! Bugger, eh. Still nice to pick up a fish.

This is what they were up to , fresh from the latest notice to mariners -

Mariners are advised that additional structures have been established on Friday 30 July, 2010 at

positions:

latitude 27° 24.404’S longitude 153° 18.386’E

latitude 27° 24.604’S longitude 153° 18.411’E

to form an extension to the Harry Atkinson Reef

Archived