cabbage tree (25-4-07)

reef_raider

hey guys

we decided to head up to cabbage tree on wednesday as we have never fished there before and some of the sand flats looked pretty promising... the morning started off slow with a couple of hours of nothing apart from a few small hits and about 10 plastics being demolished by toad fish... around 10ish dad finally hooked up, wasnt a big fish but still it was a fish, it was a flattie that went about 36.

another half hour past and a few more plastics were destroyed before dad hooked up again but once again a small flattie of around 37...

so we decided to head back up around the corner past the boat ramp for one more try before we left, had been there around 20 minutes wen i noticed a small group of baitfish being chased by something so i casted my plastic about 10 metres the other side of them and worked it back through and sure enough bang i was on... i could tell it was an alright sized fish, after a small fight i landed a 56cm flattie.

that was all the excitement we got for the day except for a WIERD crab which i will put a picture of in a seperate post...

so end of the day score was

dad:2 flatties

me : 1 flattie

graham: lets just say theres always next time :P

tim when we've got a spare spot next time you want to join?

angus i find its a lot cheaper to buy the bassmaster heads off ebay and you get them with little yellowish grub tails on them which have caught me a few fish but most of the time i just take them off and put one of mine on

Archived