Moreton Is flathead spawn.

katfish

will anybody be heading to Moreton, midend of September for biannual flathead spawning bonanza? can get ridiculous in terms of numbers.

camping at north point, chasing dart, flathead, tailor, trevally, pike, & looking for casting range bait schools for pelagics. 30gm Halco twisty.

Yellow patch can hold bait near the creek mouth. casting into bait schools with light gear is the best fishing fun you can have. to me ;) have hooked thredies, queenies, tailor & dart from one franic 20min session off the beach there. only landed the 2 tailor, spewing., but was hooked on to fish for whole 20min.

the bottom of the island has been better to me for flathead & reef sharks. fish the flats & watch the noahs swim past. :woohoo: just dont turn around in waist deep water to discover land could be too far away to make a speedy get away. stay calm...

anyone interested in trip,

I think its around $200 for barge/vehicle and beach driving permits. camping is 5 bucks a night(national parks permit) try not to buy anything on the island. . sml ice is 5bucks a go. take everything where possible.

I will be hoping to be there for up to 5 days, give or take my roster, from the 17 sept. all welcome. cheers

Archived