fish on holidays

faulked

apparently there are now barra in the bay and king salmon were not here before and its all due to global warming :S

/>http://www.news.com.au/features/environment/queensland-fish-species-migrating-south-due-to-climate-change/story-e6frflp0-1225907524941?from=igoogle+gadget+compact+news_rss

check it out and see what you think guys a few more cod and some barra certainly sounds good to me though pity i hate the hot weather doooh :laugh:

jason

The trusty media at play again. Why couldn't they tell the whole story ? Answer - It didn't fit the writer or editors agenda.

I posted another similar story earlier this week where they at least stated was a phenomena they had been recording for the past 70 years. They didn't just get quotes to print from such eminent imbiciles as Baltais either.

to be perfectly honest, im totally sick of this B.S about climate change & global warming.

we have only been keeping accurate weather information for the last 70 years.

sure the climate is changing, thats a natural global process. & to say that, we as humans, are responsible is a total crock!

the earth has been heating up/cooling down for millions of years.

ice core samples have indicated that, ozone, green house gases, have been forever changing, well before humans even existed.

the science is still unproven, , & the debate between scientists is still ongoing. sure people have strong opinions on this, but thats all they are, opinions. when they first discovered the hole in the ozone over Antarctica, everyone panicked. the fact is, last reports say the hole has decreased in size. & also, how long has it been there for in the first place. no one knows.

As for climate change now being a political agenda, is also a crock,& gives politicians a reason to sidestep real human problems, like poverty/world hunger,ect.

recent global catastrophes have been blamed on global warming. another crock! there have, & always will be natural disasters.

of course fish are moving, our continent is moving north, as well as water currents/temp constantly changing. fish, & other species are always going to migrate to suit their climatic tolerances, as did humans evolve & adapt to suit their environment.

if people want to believe all the media hype, thats their business, but until I see proof we are responsible for global warming, then we should all just get on with our lives.

p.s. hope I haven't upset too many people. this is just my take on the subject.

cheers.

This has been going on 4 Billion years. Long, long long, before mankind, combustion engines, or cattle herds were around to expel carbon dioxide. Nothing really new about climate change on Earth. It's been going on for Billions of years and it will be going on for billions of years after something has replaced species homo sapiens.

All of you out there in Australia and across the globe who have fought so hard to tackle the hideous enemy of our planet, namely carbon emissions, you know...that bogus God you worship of "Climate Change" or "global warming"...well, I feel ...it is necessary to inform you of some bad news. It really does pain me to have to bring you this disappointing information.

Are you sitting down?

Okay, here's the bombshell. This years volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash, has, to this point, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet.

I know, I know... (group hug)...it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up 'til midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, going on vacation to a city park instead of the Gold Coast, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your $1 light bulbs with $10 light bulbs...well, all of those things you have done went down the tubes in just the first few days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And, those hundreds of thousands of Australian jobs you helped move to Asia with expensive emissions demands on businesses... you know, the ones that are creating even more emissions than when they were creating Australian jobs, well I just know that seems worthwhile now.

But hey, grab a Coke (Oh, by the way Coke is full of CO2 – OMG), give the world a hug and have a nice day!

big al wrote:

well what about all you 2/ outboard owners putting all that emissions into our waterways :ohmy:if you only new what? i read a report from a QUT report that was done for the government but not to be released to the public

Not sure if this is on the same report,there was university research done on the effects of 2 strokes on the enviroment,which concluded that 2 stroke out boards were very,very bad for the enviroment.

When this was looked at closer it was evident that a lot of the evidence was based on older 2 stroke technology ,that is outboards that were pre 2000 and diffinately pre mid 90`s technology.

One must be realistic and accept that in time,99% of these older outboards will not be in use anymore due to people not maintaining them and the outboard finally dying,cost of maintenance and replacement parts becoming unavailable,and basicly financially unviable to run compared to the modern outboards.

2 stroke technology has certainly come a long way since then,and the 2 strokes now available are meeting and surpassing the environment freindly levels needed in todays environmentally aware world.

One has to be a little forgiving in views( not aimed at anyone )or all of us, as boat owners/users, would have to put our hands up to playing some small part in river,creek, canal bank and shoreline errosion, and for those who don`t fish with a $500 plus fishing rod, would have to feel guilty for using a mass produced rod that also impacts on(if you beleive in it)man caused climate change. :):(

Archived