Sat night 20th

Xadous

Long time since i have posted lol Sucks having 2 newborns lol

Well I got some time with Brother in law last sat for a fish

Very interesting to say the least.

We Started the night off in Nudgee beach as it always produces for us but for some reason it was a night off for all fish lol

So we packed off and moved I know of a good location down nexted to the gateway Bridge on the northside So we drop a few in .... Well thats were it got interesting Cast off a pilly sit my rod down to grab my drink and i get bit slapped by my own rod lol i kid you not taking a sip of my drink and my Brother inlaw yells your on my rob bends more then i have ever seen in my life just when i grab it the line breaks ping goes the rod right into my cheek lol

So after i man up from the slapping i bait up and cast again off it goes again this time i know i hooked it then bang gone

Now i have no idea what it was but by geebers i have never had that feeling before

congrats on the newborns xadous,

looks like you mightve fallen victim to the resident gateway cods... I've seen a 10kg+ one pulled from there, but that was probably the 1 out of 1000 times thayve busted someone off as theyve probably been there since the first bridge was built.

Cam

Good Luck - I went out Brissy River 21 Aug at night, hooked up 4 nice lizards and 7 kg Jew. Unreal battle on 6lb line, it took about half hour to bring in, I thought I hooked up to mega catfish. Very happy with the fish, first Jew and best thing to have come out of the river.

Archived