Noosa River House Boat

74fpv

Hey all,

Heading up to the Noosa river for 4 days on a house boat.

/>http://www.noosaleisuretimehouseboats.com.au/aboutcc.htm

First time up that way looking for any advice that may be on offer - rough locations , expected catch, best bait/lure etc.

Cheers

1 day to go !!!!!!

They usually give you some advice on spots with the boat, but I've seen them anchoring on the northern parts before Lake cootharbra (fist lake) and theres the jew hole there some holes about 7 to 10 metres deep and good structure for mangrove jacks, I've caught a couple of good flatties there also, I'll look in the Noosa fishing book tomorrow and post a couple of the spots they recommend should help you, Its a great area hope yu have a good time

It's been a few years since I've done the houseboat thing on the Noosa river, so this advice may be a bit outdated.

There is a horseshoe shaped sandbar near the ferry crossing that makes a good anchorage. On the low tide I caught flatties by walking the sandbar and casting livies into the main channel.

The first lake is actually lake cooroibah, and the bend leading into the lake can also produce bream and flathead.

I've caught jew at night in the stretch between John's Landing and the mouth of Lake Cootharabah (second and larger lake). The river narrows in this stretch and gets deeper, with a faster current, so anchoring gets harder.

I tied off fore and aft to trees but I don't think that's allowed anymore.

Its a good holiday, you'll have fun.

• 1 month later...

Archived