EOI: Brand New G Loomis Classic Casting CR724 IMX

happywally

hey guys.

christmas sale + missus in a hurry = impluse buy.

was at a local fishing shop here in singapore and i chanced upon a G Loomis Classic Casting CR724 (IMX) rod on sale.

missus was in a hurry. sales person was really good. rod was the last one in the store. price was low. i was impulsive.

bought the rod for AUD$300 (converted from SGD) and now im regretting it.

however its a good thing for one of you guys out there!

im looking for any interested parties for this rod.

its brand new and hasnt been used.

G Loomis CR724 IMX. 1 Piece, 6', 12-20lb, Fast action, 1/4 - 1 oz (7 - 28gm).

its a beautiful lure rod, UBER light yet mega strong.

i dont think i need to say anymore about the rod. its reputation already speaks for itself.

the only issue is that im only returning to brisbane on the 6th of feb.

so right now im looking for a prospective buyer / expression of interest.

i know the Tackle Warehouse in Brisbane sells this rod for AUD$450.

im asking only for what i paid, AUD$300, just to cover my costs, not looking to make any money from this.

the rod will be packaged nicely with my 7ft scorpion xt and brought back in a hard rod tube so it'll be safe and undamaged by the flight, no need to worry there.

is anyone here interested? i just wanna give you guys preference of choice before i advertise at a local forum over here in singapore.

if anyone is genuinely interested and doesnt mind the wait. ill bring it back to Brissy and deliver it straight to your place (just as long as its surrounding brisbane) when i return at the start of feb.

i can post up pictures on request (although its the same as looking at it online - its brand SPANKING new. :laugh:)

cheers

Wally

check the exchange rates $300aud = $386 SGD http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

/>http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

this is the current exchange rate on the market be careful of the rate

hey mate.

yep thats the current exchange rate.

and yes i did calculate it according to that.

i paid SGD$380 for the G Loomis IMX. it was on 20% off christmas sale from SGD$475.

i will take a photo of the receipt and post it up later.

im not sure why you posted this message, but it seems to me you're suggesting im trying to rip someone off or make a quick buck.

its fair to be cautious, but i think the guys that know me on this forum know im not that sort of guy.

like ellicat said its buyer's remorse, as i also just bought a SGD$415 Shimano Scorpion XT rod, which i posted about recently.

i dont gain anything from this sale, except what i paid for the rod.

and in fact, i see it as a bargain for the guys back in brissy as this G Loomis is selling AUD$450 at tackle warehouse.

if you think that its not a bargain then its fine, you're entitled to your opinion.

i just thought i'd be nice and offer it to you guys on AFO first since these were the guys i learnt fishing from.

if no one is interested ill just sell it over here in the local fishing forums.

anyway like i said right now im looking for interested parties who dont mind waiting til feb 6 when i return.

i WONT take your money until the rod is in your hands, and you dont part with your money until you've inspected the rod and are happy with it.

the G Loomis IMX needs no introduction, and comes with an international lifetime warranty.

as mentioned earlier the guys on the forum who know me know that im not that sort of guy, so if you're interested just give me a PM so that i wont advertise it on the local forums.

cheers guys.

Wally

wasnt insuating that at all, merely pointing out the current exchange rate,perhaps in hind site you should have mentioned it in your thread, If I was you I would also check the price of them for sale here in Australia

/>http://www.anglerswarehouse.com.au

If I had wanted to say you were ripping off be sure that I would have said that, there are plenty of people on the site that wouldnt bother checking as we have seen with numerous threads pointing out there mistakes and trusting people without checking first, that was what I intended to do and feel that I accmplished that sorry you have taken offence non meant ;)

wasnt insuating that at all, merely pointing out the current exchange rate,perhaps in hind site you should have mentioned it in your thread, If I was you I would also check the price of them for sale here in Australia

/>http://www.anglerswarehouse.com.au

If I had wanted to say you were ripping off be sure that I would have said that, there are plenty of people on the site that wouldnt bother checking as we have seen with numerous threads pointing out there mistakes and trusting people without checking first, that was what I intended to do and feel that I accmplished that sorry you have taken offence non meant ;)

its alright mate thanks for explaining.

sorry that i barked, im just a little emotional right now.

i checked the price on the website, its AUD$390 for a brand new CR724 IMX with AUD$15 to brisbane...

thats still a hefty AUD$115 more than what im asking...

thanks for the site anyway...

All good fellas.

I'm sure your reputation remains intact Wally :)

Looks like a good buy for a new rod ....if you're more patient than me :pinch: :laugh:

:)

• 1 month later...

hey guys.

im reviving this thread cause ill be back in Brisbane this Sunday night...

so for those of you who are looking for a new BC rod...

i'll be bringing back this G Loomis 12-20lb IMX...

it'll be transported in a cloth rod bag and in a hard rod tube so no worries about damage...

if you would like to see if just give me a shout.

the price is set at AUD$300.

(will throw in a pack of Gulp Minnows for free too :lol:)

cheers

Wally

Archived