Need advise on Vibes or Blade whats the differencs

I need some advise I brought 3/8oz EverGreen LittleMax Lure not sure I think its a Vib Lure, what is the difference from Vibe lures and Blades ?

The hooks in the LittleMax are a T shape Hook so it wont Snag, but i have noticed that other brands have Trebles that snag on everything ?

If i am fishing for Bass @ Bream what should i use Blade or Vibe ? and what type of hooks should i look for the T shape or Trebles.

And where is the best place to buy Little Max as i have called Sporties in Bundell @ Go Fishing @ Anglers Warehouse Tweed Heads non of these sell LittleMax Vibes.

A vibe is a lure that creates a vibration through the water, lipless crankbaits and blades fall into this category. They both have a similar action , fast steady vibration.

Usually to distinguish the two, lipless cranks are called vibes and blades are blades. Littlemax are great blades, but one thing I found is the W hooks bend very easily. As soon as a nice bass or yella would bend them to hell I would fit them with owner trebles. Another thing I found is that I snagged them just as much as any other lure while the W's were still on...I swim them pretty close to the bottom which would explain that I suppose.

Vibes and blades are both great on bass.

A vibe is a lure that creates a vibration through the water, lipless crankbaits and blades fall into this category. They both have a similar action , fast steady vibration.

Usually to distinguish the two, lipless cranks are called vibes and blades are blades. Littlemax are great blades, but one thing I found is the W hooks bend very easily. As soon as a nice bass or yella would bend them to hell I would fit them with owner trebles. Another thing I found is that I snagged them just as much as any other lure while the W's were still on...I swim them pretty close to the bottom which would explain that I suppose.

pretty much covered it all;) W hooks peg a fish very well imo, but as said they will snag like trebles. it was discussed on another site and people either like W hooks or hate them.

Some vibes (lipless crankbaits) come with rattles and others are silent. Both generate vibrations. Bass like both as do catfish. Alot of fsherman use the silent vibes to eliminate the catfish part of their catch. Blades (like the evergreen) are used for their vibrations, and can be trolled cast or jigged vertically. They are ideal for schooling bass when you locate them on the sounder and work the blade (or vibe) through the school. Evergreen blades are popular amongst bass fisherman but there are dozens of brands that you could try with equal success and differing costs. A few blades are bottom weighted (TT) and that shape causes their vibration. Others like my Damiki have a larger flat head and they makes their vibratiions. Best to experiment around with them to find one that suits your style of fishing and you feel comfortable with.

pretty much covered it all;) W hooks peg a fish very well imo, but as said they will snag like trebles. it was discussed on another site and people either like W hooks or hate them.

Some vibes (lipless crankbaits) come with rattles and others are silent. Both generate vibrations. Bass like both as do catfish. Alot of fsherman use the silent vibes to eliminate the catfish part of their catch. Blades (like the evergreen) are used for their vibrations, and can be trolled cast or jigged vertically. They are ideal for schooling bass when you locate them on the sounder and work the blade (or vibe) through the school. Evergreen blades are popular amongst bass fisherman but there are dozens of brands that you could try with equal success and differing costs. A few blades are bottom weighted (TT) and that shape causes their vibration. Others like my Damiki have a larger flat head and they makes their vibratiions. Best to experiment around with them to find one that suits your style of fishing and you feel comfortable with.

Found a little 1/4 Damiki blade in chocolate brown with big black eyes the other day.....tis a bass killer in dirty water !!!

Archived