Trying to find a park that isn't closed

tomca

What I'm after is a park that isn't closed from flood damage. All the ones I would usually go to are near the river in suburbs like Jindalee, Sherwood, Indooroopilly, but are 'closed until further notice'

Mandatory: good playground, toilets, within 15km of the CBD

Preferable: BBQ's and picnic tables, and not super popular.

Thanks for your help

Yeah I was looking for a ramp near home, for the other day to launch the boat, but are all closed also. Went to Kookabura Park, and the other one nearby on Park Rd i think it was. Colleges was open though. Then saw that cribb park boat ramp near riverlink was open, so i launched my boat there, and down the bremer for a long hour or boat ride to kooka area to fish. B)

even the ramp at west end is still closed Dan, but I'm just after a park for a bit of a get together and bbq, not boating related, so doesn't need to be on the river,. All the well equipped parks tend to be on the waterside

Arr yeah, i can't help you there

No to sound like a massive coincidence but what about ANZAC Park in Toowong/Taringa.

Good park.

Also if you want to check it out the Botanical Gardens across the way is a great family location (no playgrounf equipment though).

In other good news I believe the locals recently won a big protest about ANZAC Park being destroyed to be used as truck parking and resource dump for the construction that is going to be required somewhere around there for the tunnel being built.

Angus

so far thats the only one on our short list Gus. Great minds think alike ;)

Mate its a great area of Brisbane. Also if you want to explore head up to the Simpsons and Slaughter Falls parks on the slopes of Mt Cootha. Once again no playgrounds, but this is the only downside. Some really cool terrain in there.

Angus

There's a decent park that ticks your boxes across the road (Pine Mountain Rd) from Pacific Golf Club Carindale.

Also there is Broadwater Park - turn left off Broadwater Road just before it intersects with MtGravatt-Capalaba Road, Mansfield that ticks your boxes.

In fact the more I think about it the more I realise there are heaps around my area. Give me a hoy or drop in one day and I'll cruise over them on nearmaps with you.

no Brian just the ones near me that we planned to use are out of order, and its not looking like the council is in any rush to bring them upto scratch. (maybe they will give us a discount on the rates :pinch: ) we will go for a drive on the weekend and have a look at a couple your way

Archived