Kayaking Dunwich Sunday

PlasticFantastic

Weather looks good for Sunday so i'm taking the yak on the barge to Dunwich, i'll be fishing the pylons at first light then heading to Rainbow Channel for a drift or two then heading over to northern side of Peel to see if I can chase some Longtails. Anyone who wants to tag along feel free the barge leaves Cleveland at 530 and is $30 return. It will be a long day as long as the weather plays ball and there could be a fair bit of paddling involved if the Tuna are active.

Cheers

Mark

Weather looks good for Sunday so i'm taking the yak on the barge to Dunwich, i'll be fishing the pylons at first light then heading to Rainbow Channel for a drift or two then heading over to northern side of Peel to see if I can chase some Longtails. Anyone who wants to tag along feel free the barge leaves Cleveland at 530 and is $30 return. It will be a long day as long as the weather plays ball and there could be a fair bit of paddling involved if the Tuna are active.

Cheers

Mark

Why is it bloody mothers day!

very tempting. what sort of gear are you bringing?

timetable on the straddie ferries has the first barge leaving at 6am :huh:

Yeah you're right it's 6.00am, as for the gear just a 2-4kg and a 3-6kg plastics setup might throw in the 10kg for the Tuna but i'm thinking it's not the best of ideas if I end up by myself to go off into the middle of the bay chasing Tuna will save that for another day when i'm better prepared.

Cheers

Mark

Archived