Crafty Crab Trap

I saw one of these being used on the jetty a couple of years ago, but it was a stainless steel one. It caught crabs, but not as many as a lift dilly does, and the dilly's a lot cheaper.

I suppose the crab trap has the advantage of fitting in your tackle bag for those occasions when the crabs keep stealing your bait.

I bought one three years ago I think it was at the tinnie and tackle show. I used it a couple of times down Woody Point jetty with some success. Then the ring set up came off and I lost it there. I contacted the maker who said they would send me another one and I'm still waiting. I spoke to fisheries and it would not be considered a third rod due to the nature of the rod being used only for crabbing. It was really handy to pack up because of its compact size but I'd want to hope they use better quality metal attachments then when I bought mine. It's also relatively inexpensive too.I havent bought another one but that doesn't mean to say they don't work. I just don't like the empty promise given when it broke within two weeks of purchasing it.

Archived