redland bay june/july hollies

RyanG45

hey all

im going down to redland bay for a week in the june/july holidays with j-dog115, and i know ive asked this before but does any one know of any good spots we could try out. im getting my boat licence on tuesday so will have a bigger boat this time, which means i can go furthur. but just wanted to know of some good fishing and crabing spots, and what bait and setup to use.

cheers ryan

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched mate, passing the boat licence test isn't a given

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :silly:

Quite sure me and my mates were still drunk when we did ours :whistle:

Good luck with the trip mate, sound like it will be good fun

Just a bit out from the old base street ramp at viccy point.

S27-35-777

E153-18-930

if the water is clear you can see it on the bottom. A couple of hours of each tide you will see a bit of a boil over as the tide runs over it. It will actually be 30 or 40 feet upstream of the boil.

Can be quite productive for squire n and tailor at times.

Even with the gps you have to sound around to find it as it is quite small. It is supposedly an old timber barge that was used to transport logs from dunwich.

The locals fish it a fair bit and when they see someone approaching and they dont know them they will slip anchor and drift off a hundred yards just to mislead you.

Hand lines and float out whole pillys or chunks of mullet butter bream are a pest on top and bottom of tide.

Cheers

Ray

Archived