fishing licenses

as i brough up in the pumping jettty post should qld adopt a fishing license such as nsw as all the funding goes to fisheries and i think alot of people who have the language barrier and are taking undersize fish can get fined for that as well i am for it whats your thoughts??

i think this may also stop or deter some of the idiots that litter and trash places as fishing is just kind of an excuse imo

It sounds good in theory, but when they did it in NSW they used the money to buy out the pro fisho's. The pro fisho's with their new pocket fulls of money went out and bought new licenses and continued about their business and still had plenty of money left.

Lets hope that if it comes in they spend the money on inspectors.

I don't really agree with a fishing license, as this is one of the few things in life that we can do for free, and at the rate power and fule is going up, the last thing we need is to be paying for more money.

I do know that there are some people on the sandpumping jetty that do take undersize fish, and i wont say that its only the people with a language barrier, I have seen some ausies do that also, maybe what they should is that as popular fishing spots, have a chart of the most type of fish cought there with pictures and min size and max size as well as max allowed, that way if its one on my own kind ausy or someone that has a language barrier , they and we can all see it. I do think that with the sandpumping jetty , because we are paying to use that, they should have a inspector walking up and down at random, checking on sizes and having a general chat to people there.

Thats just my thought

I don't really agree with a fishing license, as this is one of the few things in life that we can do for free, and at the rate power and fule is going up, the last thing we need is to be paying for more money.

I do know that there are some people on the sandpumping jetty that do take undersize fish, and i wont say that its only the people with a language barrier, I have seen some ausies do that also, maybe what they should is that as popular fishing spots, have a chart of the most type of fish cought there with pictures and min size and max size as well as max allowed, that way if its one on my own kind ausy or someone that has a language barrier , they and we can all see it. I do think that with the sandpumping jetty , because we are paying to use that, they should have a inspector walking up and down at random, checking on sizes and having a general chat to people there.

Thats just my thought

yer totallly agree with pumping jetty but if the money goes into research etc im all for it

Thats just my thought

Well said robin, I do agree on regulations and so on but in reality people are still going to find loopholes via the licences and still keep undersized fish. Many a time fishing in NSW I have never been stopped in my locations even though I buy a permit and keep legal sized fish. It is all about chance that a inspector is around. Places like the sand pumping jetty need to be regulated via gates and so on. Harsher penalties and authorities should know that around this season the jetty will be packed with people and more people should be inspecting. I understand the importance of fishing licences but fishing is something that should be free to everyone to enjoy, with every law/regulation theres going to be people that break the rules, its how the authorities go about regulating it. I cannot seem to understand why fisheries are not at the jetty regularly especially like Friday and Saturday's. Thats just my opinion.

Buying a fishing license in no way implies that you are aware of the regulations, all you do is go down to your local shop and spend the $5 and your up and away, can't see it as a way of educating, but agree it could be useful for revenue raising

Buying a fishing license in no way implies that you are aware of the regulations, all you do is go down to your local shop and spend the $5 and your up and away, can't see it as a way of educating, but agree it could be useful for revenue raising

maybe the money could be used for signs etc in populated areas etc and more fisheries patrols

maybe the money could be used for signs etc in populated areas etc and more fisheries patrols

Yeah definitely, I think there definitely needs to be more put into patrols!

It sounds good in theory, but when they did it in NSW they used the money to buy out the pro fisho's. The pro fisho's with their new pocket fulls of money went out and bought new licenses and continued about their business and still had plenty of money left.

Lets hope that if it comes in they spend the money on inspectors.

hell yes agreed ...

I also think that if there are more patrols, i really don't think its going to cost the tax payer anying or much, if they catch the guys taking too many or undersize fish , then slap a nice juicy fine on them, that should cover cost.

I also think that if there are more patrols, i really don't think its going to cost the tax payer anying or much, if they catch the guys taking too many or undersize fish , then slap a nice juicy fine on them, that should cover cost.

I say slap a fine on them, and take their fishing equipment!

Thats just my thought

Totally agree Rob :)

Archived