IM6 Carbon advice

Oconnell

Avoid bashing the rod around - you will find them much more sensitive and breakable.

As far as baitcasters, they can be very tricky to get used to. practice either in your backyard or an (empty) park, using either a sinker or an old lure with the trebles off. Depending what reel you get (personally I recomend a low profile baitcaster reel as opposed to the rounder drum reels), crank the freespool resistance thing right up when you start, and gradually ease it off as you get better. Also, start with mono, the cost of birds nests in braids hurts, A LOT!

As for casting technique, youtube is your friend!

Hi guys thanks to boys at Austackle i now own a IM6 carbon.

Im new to fishing and i have never owned a bait-caster before, so any advice about how to fish with them would be good.

I have also never owned a carbon rod before.

Come back down on a Tuesday or Thursday afternoon 3pm -6pm and we will happily give you some lessons.

Cheers

Mike

Im new to fishing and i have never owned a bait-caster before, so any advice about how to fish with them would be good.

Come back down on a Tuesday or Thursday afternoon 3pm -6pm and we will happily give you some lessons.

Cheers

Mike

Thats the trick, nothing better than being shown in person.

Cheers

Mike

Thats what i call great after sales support, how many shops will sell you something and then not even want to know you after it. Good work Mike.

Hi Mike i will make it down there but i only take the train to work and live on the northside.

I will book a time with u after the 15th of next month. I'm sure u will have a suitable reel to match it with he rod. :)

Once again thanks for the great service.

hey oc, i was the same up until about 2 weeks ago, i brought a new set up off steve at the tackle shop, with only ever using one once for 1 cast and botched it up, always wanted one, but was worried about spending more time fixing the line like my mate had to after i touched his haha.

but with a few tips from steve and some good advice, using a old champange cork and a bucket in the back yard i now mess up 1 out of every 10-15 and thats when im getting cocky and dont pay attention to what i am doing.

where do you fish ?

Archived