Last minute Brisbane R night fish with the boy

rathabfishin2

With tomorrows work canned just an hour ago I have decided to take my son into the BR for a night fish... PLan is to launch at Fishermans Island, putter around there chasing some live bait, and head over around the pipeline, maybe the wharves, or the sunken rock wall depending on the breeze (if any). So if anyone sees a 3.75 tinny with a kid and another big kid wearing a reflective work jacket send us a wave!

I just hope I have something to report apart from the cold weather! Have been trying to get legal jew and any threadfin in the BR for about a yr now and not luck.....But I will persist til it happens!

I know what you mean, I've been trying to land a big bay snapper for about a year now with no luck, but you gotta keep on it, otherwise it will never happen, all the best hope tonight is your night

Thankys sehrguht...can I ask is snood rigged meaning through the nose? I have tried floating down liveys with no weight, livies rigged with a tiny running ball sinker to the hook, and running sinkeron the main line above the swivel and 1.5metres of trace..all to no avail. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers mate....didn't end up going across due to the wind direction, could not get any live bait to save myself around the tugboat docks...tried a few fresh poddies I caught earlier in the day and flicked a couple of threadybusters on a ledge in the area all to no avail...Maybe next time!

Archived