Almost perfect day...

cameronh

being out of the water over the past 6 weeks with a new job and other commitments had left me with a big itch to scratch, so with the weather looking ok today, lil bro and I decided to leave the river at around 6. Plan was to shoot up past curtain and try for ome squid,but with the wid still blowing, we moved to plan b and shot to mud instead, there was stil a bit of wind there, but fishable, first two spots looked lke barron wasteland, so we decided to explore and we found some bait, so we had some fun on the plastics for a while, I got a flounder and had a few solid hits but no connection. The bite wasnt hot so we made the call to head over to the sandhills to see if there were some squid hanging around we played around at the sandhills for over 4HRS.... and not one squid... where have they gone this year? We worked a huge area and nothing... Anyone landed some lately?

Pulled the pin at around 1 and headed back to port. No fish photos but we did steam past an attack submarine at the port :woohoo: There was also 2 mine hunters. Must be in town for operation talisman sabre up north.

31072011046.jpg

31072011046.jpg

All in all not a bad day and it was good to get out on the water and enjoy things again.

Thanks

Cam

Archived