Noosa Jackoff

Didley

Two weeks to go till the 2011 Noosa Jackoff.

The JO will be held on the weekend of the 5th and 6th of November, this will be the forth running of the event and on early indications one of the best. The JO is primarily a social get together for like minded anglers with a passion for our Mangrove Jack. Arrangements and organization is kept to the basic and it’s up to everyone to essentially look after there own accommodation, food ect.

The competition will start at 5am sharp on the Saturday morning, at the dirt boat ramp at John’s Landing Camping Ground. Bring a brag mat and digital camera to record your catch. A token of some sort will be given out at the start, for each boat, to be placed the photo. Catch and release is strongly encouraged, but not compulsory. The finish and digital photo “weigh-in “of the comp will be at 10am Sunday at the same place as the start. Largest Mangrove Jack by length wins $300 voucher to "Barra jacks Fishing and Outdoor" and receives the honor of getting their name on the Jackoff Perpetual Trophy, which hangs in “Barra Jacks, Kawana†through out the year. If you’re going to start late or finish early, that’s fine, but it’s your responsibility to check in with me prior to starting to fish or leaving the river area. The entire Noosa River and it’s tributaries are open to fish, with the exclusion of “Noosa Waters†behind the lock. The fish must be line caught, lure or bait are acceptable. All those taking part are responsible for their own safety and are expected to behave in a responsible manner. This is intended to be a pleasant, friendly competition and your cooperation in making it such is greatly appreciated.

All those interested in the Noosa Jackoff, please PM or email me your Email address and I'll return a word document, "Nomination form" that will give all details.

I will have copies of this form on the day for you to sign (to cover my ass). Please also provide a contact method to best contact you if there is a last minute cancellation necessary due to weather ( I will try to avoid this at all costs, a little shower never hurt any one) $5 entry fee

I will be arriving at John’s Landing on Friday 4th around lunch time and camping there. I envisage most will meet here around meal times and hopefully a campfire at night. Please bring some firewood if you can, as supplies at John’s are very limited. There are some great people coming, and hope to see you there.

Cheers Grant Hislop

Phone 07 3366 0355

07 3366 2152

grhislop@optusnet.com.au

This should be good fun !!

Fishing Mania will be there on Saturday, we've also donated some prizes for the comp.

$100 lure pack - Lucky door prize & $100 Lure pack for largest Barra

Been some rumors of a few Barra around so let's see if the guys land a couple

Looking forward to meeting a few of the guys on the Saturday :)

Important I’ve given this barra prize some thought, and decided it’s the wrong thing to do. The closed season is there for a reason and when organizing a competition like this it is the wrong thing to offer a prize for a species that is in closed season. If barra are caught it’s your own responsibility to look after the fish appropriately, ie. release ASAP without removing it from the water. The prize offered by Fishing Mania, will be the second prize for the second biggest Mangrove Jack

First prize : $300 voucher to Barrajacks (Largest Mangrove Jack)

Second prize: $100 lure pack from Fishing Mania (Second largest Mangrove Jack)

Lucky door prize: $100 lure pack from Fishing Mania

Archived