battery charger , would this be any good

billythakid

Would these chargers be any good to charge my boat battery .

seamaster 585cca . it was flat this morning from lack of use :whistle:

i had no sounder , lights etc until the outboard was kicked in the guts and the rectifier cut it .

/>http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Calibre-Battery-Charger-12V-4-Amp-3-Stage-Intelligent-Pulse.aspx?pid=276835#Description

Mate that charger is only a 4amp charger so it will take a life time to charge try this one it's a 16Amp . It good for AGM Lead Acid & Calcium batteries.

A complete cycle can take 12-24hrs relative the how out of shape the battery is, but its well worth it and once it has cycled through each phase it can sit on trickle charge indefinately

I bought one a a few months back (off ebay .. the crowd as extreme 4WD??? delivered in 2days) and the reconditioning mode is excellent bringing a near dead battery back to life and holding its charge at 12.3v. It cost me $105 delivered but you can buy a 8amp charger for about $90

post-510-1445987030_thumb.jpg

Switchmode Technology

Switchmode technology uses compact electronic components allowing the charger to be lightweight

and compact without sacrificing on performance.

Intelligent 7 Stage Charging

The 7 stage process provides sophisticated charging and maintenance giving your battery longer life

and increased run time and performance. The 7 stages include:

Desulphation

Soft-start

Bulk

Absorption

Battery test

Recondition and

Float.

Constant electronic monitoring ensures optimum and accurate charging every time.

Adjustable Output

Offering unrivaled versatility, the charger’s output can be adjusted (2,4,8 & 16A) to suit different

battery sizes.

Battery Recondition

The battery recondition function can recover deeply discharged batteries increasing performance

and battery life. The recondition function can also be triggered manually to perform an equalisation

charge or to fully charge calcium batteries.

Digital & LED Display

The charger provides a comprehensive display of charge modes and stages while in operation.

The display can be used to program the charger for use with various types of batteries and to initiate

the manual recondition function.

Archived