long weekend in noosa

neal82

i'm heading up to noosa this weekend, making a 4 day weekend out of it. just wondering if any of the locals/regulars up there can give me some hints on where things are biting and what they are biting.

i will have a boat but don't think i'll be heading outside this weekend so it's jacks, cod, flatties, sharks and muddies that we're planning on targeting.

thanks for any help offered

Neal

Hi Neal, there are decent Trevelly between the Marina and lake Cooroibah, big tides this weekend should turn them on, Still a few flaties in the same area. Woods bay is always worth a pop first light, you must be there early though. Any of the flats are worth a pop during low light hours. Heaps of tarpon in Kin Kin creek. Jacks at the mouth of lake Cootharaba but with the big tides you will have very little time to target them. Some big grunter in lake Cootharaba as well. A lot of prawns running around. On the run out around the back of Noosa sound in weyba creek entry there has been some big Trevs as well. Few reports of Jacks at night around woods bay.

I'm taking Freshy and Prawn head out Saturday morning, will post a report of where and what we caught.

I been mainly fishing with small harbodies for everything at the moment, Ac55s, MAria 55's, Crack Jacks, Cultivas, berkley flickers etc. The water is really clear in the lower half of the river so use more natural colours.

thanks carter.

i'm new to the whole hardbody & soft plastic scene, i spent a fair bit of money on some HB's a week or 2 ago, and have already lost a few of them, done some climbing and bear grylls moves to get a couple back though! not sure i'm allowed to spend another chunk of coin on more just yet.

i still have a few HB's and a diminishing supply of plastics, no poppers though as i have no idea where to start with them. Most of my time on the water will be early morning before we all get too thirsty to be behind the wheel. there'll be a few land based sessions around the campground (noosa river caravan park) so if you asee a 540 quintrex with blue bimini parked there on your travels pull up and say hi.

i'll have the trusty cast net up there to get some livies to float around while i give the lures a crack, where are the prawns hiding at the moment?

i won't have much access to the interweb while i'm there, just a quick sneaky look on the phone between fishing and beers.

thanks again mate

neal

, If you want to tag along with us on Saturday morning your welcome otherwise give me a ring 54853067 on Saturday afternoon. We will be starting fishing at the mouth of Lake Cootharaba from 5-5:30am saturday morning, then probably working our way down river to chase GTs.

I have 30 yr old 4.9 clarke Abalone centre consol, with a new 60hp Merc and clown stickers on it.

thanks mate.

i'll be up early everyday checking the pots before people start thinking i've left them there for everyone, so hopefully i can get the boat up that far, is it deep enough through the lakes for me to get there? if not you might see me at the mouth of lake cooroibah?

Archived