Fishing in Adelaide

Do$tylz

Hey guys,

Im heading to Adelaide for work this weekend and im gonna end up with a Sunday free and may get a bit bored. Can some of you guys help with an easy access fishing spot? Think i'll only bring a handline.

I'll be staying in the middle of the city so somewhere with the least amount of travelling would be sweet. Unfortunately work won't pay for a hire car.

Mate if u can catch the tram from the city down to Glenelg??? and their is a jetty, be warned can get cold at times but their is plenty of shops/cafes and wat not down their.

If you can u could try and get to Victor Harbour u can fish their but its about 1hr's drive from adelaide.

You could try and get to Murray Bridge but once again 1hr+ drive.

Hope it helps

PS. THE EASIEST TO GET TO IS GLENELG AND THEIR IS A FEW DIFFERENT BEACHES AND A RIVER THEIR.

PPS. Adelaide CBD Is a dump their is homeless ppl walking around bin scabbing for recycables for the 5c each thing.

Thanx Johnson. yeah not really all that excited about this trip there. But i figured if i can go fishing somewhere new it would make it a lil better.

Will have to go for glenelg then. Any idea on how the fishing is there off the jetty? species?

It's a pitty you can't get out in a boat. Blokes down there make their own artificial reefs and mark em off on gps. My Grandpa lives there and took me out once, snapper that we'd call monsters up here are their version of squire. I've seen photos of snapper so big they've been strung up on a clothes line and come scarily close to reaching the ground. We're talking 30-40 pound beasts.

Mate with a hand line go to Glenelg

but be warned it is not a nice place to fish at night :whistle: pm me for details

sand bottom whiting is about it you might get a leather jacket :(

if you can get to jervis bay down south they have big jetty there and some good fishing can be had ;) with a hand line though go to Gleneld and leave it home and play in Magic mountain lol I lived in Adelaide for nearly 3 years and unless u have a boat or can travel it sux :pinch:

if you can travel try the power station at port Adelaide thats not too far ;)

hope that helps ;)

Gaz

hey guys, if you do go fishing at glenelg off the jetty try for tommies(herring in WA) with a float rig and use gents(maggots) for bait. try a running float with a stopper with a berly cage and then two droppers with #6 or #8 hooks.... the fish won't be massive but if you use alot of berly in the cage you can do quite well there sometimes....

You can also fish the mouth of the patawalunga for small bream (use prawns or cockels/pipi's)and tommies but i think you'll be pressed to get a feed there. Don't eat anything from in the pat either.

i used to use a berly mix of breadcrumbs, snappytom catfood and tuna oil..

there's also a fishing tackle shop near the buffalo restaraunt at the end of anzac highway....

well i hope this helps ya.... tight lines;)

Archived