cod for lunch

T Fisher

Had to work in a park at East Brisbane yesterday right on the river so I decided to take my gear with to work.during lunch I tried for bream on my bass gear but was only getting tiddlers following my lures in. Towards the end of my break I decided to put on the biggest bass lure on I had with me and got bashed by this fella.

[attachment:1]IMAG0221.jpg[/attachment]

No I didn't eat him for lunch let him go for another day and got back to work.

He took the lure about 8ft from the bank . As soon as the lure bumped the first rock he hit it dropped it after a few seconds I paused let the lure float to the top then started winding again it got smashed again this time a positive hookup and it was on. He put up a few good strong runs and had me snaged at one point but i gave him some line and he swam out to fight again. He eventually tired and then was fairly easy to land.

Sounds awesome! The best fun I had on estuary cod was in Anzac park in Townsville. We would cast elcheapo $2 lures parallel with the rocks and we would watch the little cod race out and smash the lure, often at our feet. The biggest probably would've just gone 30cm but they would brick us plenty! Love catching cod that way.

Archived