Where to fsh around Mooloolab?

brandan1034

Hey guys,

I am heading up to Mooloolaba this weekend and will have a few opportunities to go for a fish. I may have access to a boat but more than likely it will be landbased or from my kayak. Not after any secret spots or anything but just a few areas to try while I'm up there. Mooloolaba, caloundra, maroochydore I don't really mind.

Cheers

hey mate, try anywhere that is a bit more of a challange to get to in these areas. the sunny coast will be pretty flogged at the moment and there will be a ton of traffic on the water, so if you can find somewhere that is a little quieter than the usual family fishing areas or go from the evening or early morning you'll give yourself a better chance of catching something.

i have had some luck up there in the maroochy river on the bridge side of chambers island with some 35-40cm whiting on bloodworms and some good feeds of bream to 30cm casting off the bridge (only at night, usually between 3-5am) towards where the pontoon boats are parked, there must be a little hole or something down there and i had the most luck loosening the drag and resting the rod against the railing. there is usually herring around that bridge too, closer to the island. i have also seen some decent (60cm+) golden trevs crusing past the bridge too.

this is all a 5 years ago before i moved to brisbane.

you can check google earth for other spots, there are somep place to park and walk off kawana way where you can now access the mooloola river a bit further upstream for some landbased options that before they put the road in were a big walk.

good luck

Archived