2 sessions in one day

cameronh

After hearing the magical words yesterday, "take an rdo" I had to hit the water and see what was around. All set and ready, left home at around 430 and headed for the mouth. Got there and the suns peaking through, started casting at the rock wall and set up a nice drift with the other 5 boats there. Casted hard bodies until around 730 only to get a couple of hits, but no solid hook ups........ :( As a result decided to go home and have a quick snooze as from the other reports the spotties did not come on till later.

nap nap over at 10, ok its time to hit the bay and find those spotties, so after Shane69's tips, I went through small boat passage rounded green and head for rous, as i got towards harries I started to see some bird activity and got excited. got the gear ready and started to motor over to the boil, then this idiot comes screaming out of no where cuts me off and drives straight through the bust up :angry: Im pissed.... as everything scatters and nothing is to be seen...

ok so Im thinking its still early days, continued to rous and couldnt find a thing, thankfully the bay was flat and the sun was shining. what to do next? I then remembered Rosco saying something about the sandhills, so I motored over and had a look for a good 45mins, but nothing no birds, no surface action, ok plan D shoot up to the beacons, got there in no time, dropped some slugs next to the beacons, nothing.

By this time, Im getting annoyed.... what to do now? Ok shoot back towards Harries and see if theres anything on the way. Sure enough on the way back I start to see some birds working. Once again get everything ready and position the boat to cast, by this time, the birds are going crazy, get one cast in and get a strike, BOO YEAH!! but then it spits the hook.... no worries reposition and go again? NO, I turn around and see an fleet of boats screaming over towards me..... great..... :blink: they start doing laps around me and scream in every direction following the birds...

Theres no way Im going to catch a fish in this SH*T.... so off I go AGAIN... I drive past Shane69 and I think he's having the same problem with idiots not knowing what to do... so rather than annoy them, I thought I would also try go find another patch to myself.

Found a patch and no a boat in sight YAY!!!!! got a few casts in and a few screaming drags but no blood in the boat... stayed on them for the next hour to no avail and to rub salt in the wound... A school of six decide to cruise next to the boat..... sigh.... not my day.... decided to head home and try again tomorrow...

Just saw the report of 15-20 knts in the morning... :angry: so fingers crossed they got it wrong, but with the bumpy ride home this arvo, I think they might be on the money.

But I wont give up. might try head out again tomorrow with my little bro. Hope you guys did better...

Cam

I thought that was you mate should have said hello.

That was school of bonito thats why didnt hookup. We tried everything. We got our school up further up.

Had to go pick up mate bro of tangalooma after. He wasnt feeling well so we dropped him off. Picked him up after fishing curtain with livies didnt catch shit. Got our macks again in middle of nowere coming back.

Archived