Peel Island

brooksie87

So i'm taking advantage of the good weather this weekend and shooting over to peel island on the Saturday afternoon just before the high tide, this being my first time over and looking at landing something I can take home and put on the table, i'm after some words of wisdom with fishing the island.

cheers.

Hey Brooksie

I am looking at Sunday morning if you want to tag along. I am having great success there at the moment (probably put the mochas on it now). I drift the Artificial off the West side with a Patenoster baited with squid on the bottom and flick a plastic on the drift.

Saturday I got two keepers over 40 and a heap smaller.. I have found it is dawn and dusk only though. No good through the day in most circumstances

Biggest this session is a 67cm of a plastic on 10lb

Quit's happy to have you along or to follow me out in your boat

Blair

Ive also been getting a few fish from the Artificial reef on the Western side. Drifting with 4inch soft plastics and 3/8 ounce jigheads has been working best for me. Early morning bite has been best, although I did have one session where they were biting well into the day. Nothing over 40cm though. Still good fun on the light gear!

Good luck anyway, hope you get into them!

As the other guys said, leaving a soft plastic in a rod holder can snare some good snapper at times, I like the plastics with maximum movement, either really soft shads or paddle tails so they get maximum action from the boats movement, going to try a 4.5 " monster miki tomorrow,

Fishing pillys in a smell with minimum weight can be deadly too, too much weight and ull only catch small squire, only enough weight to get them sinking!

Other thank that I'm useless

Callum

Archived