boat insurance

faulked

what sort of boat insurance would be required for the classic for which vessles ie kayaks boats hovercraft and what companies would you guys recomend as its not something ive ever thought of in the past, ive never been keen on insurance companies or their prices.

I've been quoted $80 third party, and $90 full comp by the RACQ. (Online quote from their website) I think the RACQ are the only mob that offer third party.

I quoted the market value of my boat at $1000, obviously as that goes up so will the insurance.

I will use the RACQ if I have to, but they will be my last port of call, I had a really nasty experience with them about 15 years when I had a car stolen. Took me months to get them to pay out a barely decent amount!

In regards to what type of cover you require it will probably only be third party property damage as all AFO will want to see is you liability cover. Almost every insurer has a standard $10,000,000 on TPPD policies. Comprehensive cover with Nautilus is below as they are your best bet for pleasurecraft if you dont want RACQ.

$1000 sum insured = $155

$3000 sum insured = $175

$5000 sum insured = $196

$7000 sum insured = $217

$10,000sum inusred = $250

all with a $100 excess.

Otherwise your alternative is to go with RACQ as nautilus third party property damage cover is $269.50 with a $500 excess.

Just incase your wondering no i do not work for an insurance company :D

Archived