Minn Kota Saltwater Electric (Transom Mount) 40lb thrust

stewie

Guys,

I have my electric for sale. Details are below. I had the motor on my Rosco canoe, which I sold the other weekend, but the that buyer already had a small petrol motor. Simply selling due to the stage in life where I wasn't using the canoe (and thus this motor).

Price: $425

Give me a yell if you want me to email any more motor pics.

•40lb thrust

•Transom Mount

•Length (tip to bottom is 1200mm)

•Made for use in saltwater

•5 years old. Purchased for $600 new.

•Well looked after. Has never hit hard bottom

•Anderson Plug attached to the motor to position the deep cycle in the front of a canoe

•5 forward and 3 reverse gears

•Damage to the mechanism that adjusts the depth of shaft into the water, but an alternative mechanism put into place on shaft. Personally I don't use that mechanism, preferring to adjust depth into water by adjusting the angle of the shaft.

•Includes Minn Kota Portable Marine Battery Charger (MK110PA). Purchased for $150 new a few years ago. Works well.

•Includes Century Marine Pro 600 Deep Cycle Battery (N70ZM). Purchased for $180 new a few years ago. Still holds charge well. Often running the electric for >6 hours in a day

•Includes 1m telescopic throttle lever extension.

post-1509-144598803616_thumb.jpg

post-1509-144598804006_thumb.jpg

post-1509-14459880402_thumb.jpg

Bommie: Can I get back to you? I am keen to try to sell as a package initially.

Steve: Had a chat with Wayne and he is going to think about things and run it by the wife ;) . He might have to do more of the ironing to get the ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Baldman, I used it on my Rosco canoe (which I have since sold). Not convinced it would push your boat with the 2 guys and gear too well. Others on the site may have a view. It pushed my canoe well with 2 guys and gear, but weight is obviously not comparable.

What size boat did you use this on? Would it suit my 4.2m Blue Fin with a couple of people and gear in it?

Baldman, spoke to my brother in Rocky this morning. I loaned him the Minn Kota a couple of years ago for the Rocky Barra Bounty. He had a 14 foot Quintrex (shallow hull) with 2 guys (rather large build ;) ) and gear and he said that it trolled well. May give you a better comparison.

Brett.

Archived