Where to stay and fish in Fiji

reelchippy

Hi guys would love some input from people that have holidayed and fished in fiji.

Will be taking the handbrake and the kids so looking to saying in a resort so the

family can do the resort stuff while i get two maybe three days fishing

I guest i am looking for a resort close to where i can fish

One that has caught my eye is the SOFITEL FIJI RESORT AND SPA.Then the task of finding a good local fiji fishing guide would like to try and go out with native Fijian

guide rather that say the AUS OR USA owned game boats love the local style so if any one can help would be great planing to go for 11 days from around 6/12/07 cheers

Mate i stayed at a place called the Hideaway Resort. Pretty fun active place. Not like a honeymooner. More people there to have fun and meet people. This was on the Coral Coast about 45mins out of Nadi (the capital).

They hooked me up with a fishing charter (a bit dodgy if i went again i would shop around). We did score some average size mahi mahi which was fun. I really think we came across them by chance though as the driver seemed to be just that, a driver. If there were not a few people on board who knew how to rig and all it would have been useless.

Of course that wont be a problem with you :) But can you imagine some tourists going for their first fishing adventure or something, it would have been a disaster.

Angus

Archived