G'day from Birkdale

dantt

Hi all,

I joined the website a few weeks ago, thought I would say hi and introduce myself.

Firstly thanks to everyone who posts such informative stuff on here, great to see such a good local community of fishing experts.

Quick bio on me... I grew up in Birkdale luckily enough living on the canals. The old man had a little Randall 26ft so we fished all over the bay, outside etc etc. In my infinite wisdon I became too cool for fishing when I was about 17 and have only sporatically fished since. The parentals still live on the canals, where I keep my 18ft Hains on the jetty. She's an older girl but runs like a dream with a 115 Etec on the back end. Have mainly used it for day trips to moreton/ peel with friends, but since an injury caused me to stop training recently, i'm dead keen on getting back in to fising.

I've dragged out all my old gear, replaced line, fixed rod tips, loaded up on plastics and hard body lures and keen to see how I go. Looks like mother nature is going to be kind this weekend so fingers crossed I might be able to report back in on Monday with a few tall tales.

Cheers again for all the info you blokes put on here, it's been a huge help for me to get back in to my old love fishing.

Dan

cheers guys, I'm pretty keen to come along to the social events so will keep a keen eye out.

Had a great weekend boating, fishing wasn't great but I got out friday arvo/night over to green, saturday arvo/night to peel and got a 55cm snapper, then over to the sand hills on sunday for whiting. Every man and their dog was over there, couldn't have asked for better weather!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived