Straddy Weekend, only 2 Fish!

MoparKevUk

A small Bream and a small Squire on servo squid and a busted off Ray. That's the fishing report out of the way, will witter on about the weekend overall! :P

Usually stay at the Bungalows which have a fully lit jetty onto deep water, but needed dog friendly accomodation this time. Ended up in a spacious apartment behind SeaShells.

post-4325-14459884057_thumb.jpg

The fishing area was pretty ordinary being rock and a bench, luckily I'd brought a small table after Malc took me for a from the water sticky beak the other weekend. Turns out this was public land so had a few visitors, who also didn't catch fish! Soon worked out that the fish only took squid and that the area straight out on the left side got the bites resulting in a small Bream late on Friday arvo. Did the Point Lookout thing Friday Arvo but it was blowing up a bit and saw a few whales, me boy spotted a few sharks in the shallows as well which was cool.

post-4325-144598840555_thumb.jpg

Friday night was windy as, had to hide behind the hedge to get out of it;

post-4325-14459884054_thumb.jpg

Called it about 2am, got up at sparrows fart but it was still blowing. Around 9am it had died down and caught a small Squire, same place, same bait. Crab pot empty, no bite on the mullet, reposition deeper. Over to the SkatePark with the Gman;

post-4325-14459884055_thumb.jpg

Down to Rufus for some prawns, yum yum. Crumbed Whiting at SeaShells, more yum yum!

Saturday night was calm as and I had a snooze whilst awaiting the action! A few taps on the bells and off goes me rod slowly but surely, after 5 mins of gaining/losing, twang!

Sinking a few sherberts I nearly jump in the drink when there's a load of loud grunting behind me! What the?

post-4325-14459884056_thumb.jpg

Bloody Koala! Sweet! B)

post-4325-144598840564_thumb.jpg

Dolphins were around so threw 'em a few pillies. I know they spook the fish but why pay Tangalooma money when you can do it for free on Straddy! All quiet then about 0300 the Dolphins are back, but not interested in me pillies.......Aha! There's all the fish I can't catch! 3 dolphins had herded them into the corner and were taking turns in picking off the outside fish, an amazing sight! A WobbyGong turned up for some tucker, as did a small shark. This little scenario was worth the whole trip for me and lasted about an hour with fish of all sizes present. Of course I lobbed a line in, but if you are on the Dolphin Menu I don't think a bit of squid would tempt you, aye?! Packed up about 0600, burley bomb didn't seem to produce the goods, but worked as it should. Grabbed me crab pot in the morning, no crabs, went to Brown Lake, didn't see any Goannas. Fished on the jetty at Dunwich waiting for the cat. No fish and very blowy. Dropshot has snapped a guide, off to TackleWorld for a repair, young Gman's rod is empty of string so off to Kmart.

All in all a very relaxing weekend which I thoroughly enjoyed! Sorry for the lack of fish for you fish pervs! :( Roll on Blakesleys! B)

Archived