Shimano TCurve Deep Jig

aussie123

I think you'll find the 14000 and 18000 Spheros and T Curve 400 like a broomstick and you will get fatigued very quickly due to the sheer weight of the combo. Ages ago i went out and bought the T Curve 400 with a 18000 Saragosa running 80lb pe braid, i used it once in 90 metres of water and was buggered after about 15 mins of jigging. I now use much lighter jigging combo's and find i can jig pretty much all day.

What sort of depths are you looking to jig, this will influence my rod and reel recommendation.

cheers tim :)

Ok mate if your not jigging with it weight won't matter so much. For the money you'll pay for the T Curve 400 you can get a much better rod like the Jigging Master 400s.

/>http://www.fishhead.com.au/store/products/Jigging-Master-Terminator-II-Spin-.html

Then grab yourself a Spheros 14000 or 18000 and wack 80lb braid on it with a 100 lb or more wind on leader, lock the drag up and hold on for dear life.

Thanks Tim

The Jigging Master looks ok but the reason I want Shimano is because I can buy the reel wholesale overseas through ReelTackle and just import one and possibly the rod here at wholesale but I am yet to get confirmation on the rod.

It is far cheaper than getting one here,even after adding the freight cost.

The idea is to lock up on them and hang on.

We have a max of 9 ft of water to stop them before they hit the reef so I need some serious stopping power which is why I am not sure on a 200 or 400.

Definately go the 400 over the 200 if you wanna lock the drag on them. A few guy's on other jigging forums have snapped the T Curves when fishing them really hard thats why i would go the Jigging Master but if you can get the T curve pretty cheap then you won't be too heartbroken if it goes bang.

Also do you buy aquarium fish off a bloke at Inala ?

I have sold to a lot in Inala and surrounding areas.

I think I only ever bought off one person there,a guy called Henk but that was 3-4 years ago.

I rarely bought off strangers because there is too many rubbish fish and bloodlines out there.

I had my own network of breeders and importers I worked with for the majority of my fish.

I think I will look at the 400.

I have broke many rods on big fish over the years so another one won't matter :P:P:P

Ahh ok i dunno how my mate knows you then :unsure:

I was fishing with him on the weekend and mentioned your username and he said "yeah thats Lance". He knew what area you were located and mentioned something about aquarium fish. Maybe he bought some off you or something.

Archived