woodgate trip

reeves

Well here it goes

My trip to woodgate

We left brissie on the 27th at exactly 11:00 am and headed north but as soon as we hit the highway we were presented with endless traffic to the sunnie coast :angry: . After a very annoying trip in traffic with my brother and sister and with the anticipation of the supposedly good fishing I was itching to hit the beach . We arrived at 4:00 pm :( and with a storm and some wind rolling in I decided to give it a miss until the the morning .

I woke up at 5:00 am had breakfast and 15 minutes I was down at the beach to throw hard bodies to catch flathead and anything else . Unfortunately there was a lot of stuff in the water and it was impossible to fish but I did get to test out my sweet new Daiwa sol 2000. Later that day my whole family headed down to theodolite creek at low tide . We walked while casting but there was no fish to be caught :angry:. The next day me and my dad headed down to theodolite but with the tinny this time . Fished some feeder creeks for jacks and flathead but it didnt really matter because it was my 13th birthday :woohoo: .

I only fished at the beach for the next two days with no fish . I fished theodolite once more at low tide with no luck . The next and second last day of the trip my dad and me headed out in the tinny in theodolite for one more fish but with no luck :angry: .

So to cap it of we went to woodgate for a week we caught no fish plus the weather was bad which was probably the reason, we only only saw 5 fish being caught the whole trip and the word from the locals was that no one was catching fish . People were even heading home early because the weather and fishing was so bad.

One thing that really bugged me when I was coming home was that when i got up and walked to the good old general store to get some bread on the way back i saw a guy pull in the first decent fish i had seen all week.A whiting around 35 cm long . Really annoying

It was a good trip with just no fish being caught so what i have to say about woodgate is you can catch fish there just not around Christmas

:P

Cheers

Louis

Archived