BFFC official launch WEDNESDAY 15th May

Nog

138BrisbaneFlyFishingClubLogoWinCE.jpg

Brisbane Fly Fishing Club Launch Announcement and inaugural club meeting – Wednesday 15th May 2013

Brisbane Fly Fishing Club (BFFC) has been holding informal meetings since 2010 and has recently taken the step to incorporate.

This now means that the club will be in a position to offer a variety of structured activities ranging from monthly meetings, organised club trips, local competitions and community engagement to promote the sport of fly fishing.

Club meetings are normally held monthly on the third Thursday of each month at the Wilston-Grange Australian Football Club which is at the end of Babarra St, Stafford QLD 4030.

The Grange AFL Club provides a meeting venue for BFFC meetings, is licensed, and during football season offers meals for club members from the club kitchen.

Club meetings include a monthly presidents address, fly tying demonstration, location and trip report to share members experiences, Product Review and demonstrations, often guest speakers and are usually rounded out with a fly casting session weather dependant.

New members are encouraged to attend our May meeting and will be made to feel most welcome - existing members share freely of their information to help new participants to the sport succeed.

The Club is proudly sponsored by E.J. Todd & Son Imports who carry a wide range of fly fishing product in TFO fly rods & reels, Snowbee waders, clothing, fly lines, fly reels and accessories, Dr Slick tools, Sunline leaders and Wapsi fly tying materials.

E.J. Todd and Sons generously provide a product demonstration and discussion each month and fly fishing products for our monthly raffle which is held at each meeting to raise funds for club activities.

At the Inaugural meeting on WEDNESDAY 15th May our sponsor has provided a Snowbee XS 8 wt saltwater fly reel for our raffle. Proceedings will kick off at 7pm.

The facility also provides a floodlit field for casting practice on completion of the formal meeting activities where casting instructors such as Greg Jackson and others provide their time and advice to members and guests.

The Club has four planned trips for each year and an annual “Brisbane Tuna on Fly†competition which is planned for early 2014.

We encourage all interested to join us on the 15th of May and give consideration to joining Australia’s newest Fly Fishing Club.

We will be having a sausage sizzle on the night, so those interested please RSVP to brisbaneffc@gmail.com by MONDAY 13th for catering purposes.

Cheers and looking forward to a great night. :woohoo:

Thanks John, and hope you get something out of the meeting Manni. Guys, if you've ever been slightly interested in the long wand, then I urge you to come along and accept the event invite. There will be lots of experienced and not so experienced guys there to lend a hand and get good advice from. As well as raffle prizes....

Cheers

Norm

P.S. Unfortunately I won't be there, I'll be in the US for two weeks suffering Smallmouth Bass, Muskie and Walleye in Michigan and Redfish, Snook and Tarpon in the Everglades :)

Thanks John, and hope you get something out of the meeting Manni. Guys, if you've ever been slightly interested in the long wand, then I urge you to come along and accept the event invite. There will be lots of experienced and not so experienced guys there to lend a hand and get good advice from. As well as raffle prizes....

Cheers

Norm

P.S. Unfortunately I won't be there, I'll be in the US for two weeks suffering Smallmouth Bass, Muskie and Walleye in Michigan and Redfish, Snook and Tarpon in the Everglades :)

Thanks Norm, so who do we look out for in your absence? have fun on your trip, sounds like it will be a cracker!!

Tony Ham will be acting-pres for the night. Big ginga type guy, probably on the BBQ:) Other guys from the mgt committee will be there sniffing around. Don't worry, no one will get lost.....hopefully

Norm

Apparently the launch went well, with a bunch of new guys turning up as well. Any from here?

Photos on our facebook site, facebook/brisbaneffc (if that's OK mods?)

Norm

Couldn't make it in the end, sorry Norm, was working with my team on the final stages of a tender so we had a few long nights this week

Archived