samurai pop 12 rod

hi all,

I'm just wondering what peoples thoughts on this rod are? I am using pe8 and currently have a Daiwa demonblood 802xh. Its rated to pe8 but the guides are way to small on it and i find that it effects the casting performance dramatically.

I am waiting for a reply on a price to get it rebuilt with "K" guides stainless frames and silicone rings but was thinking of mabey just selling it and using the money instead of buying guides to buy a new rod around the $400 price mark.

The pop12 is about the only rod i have found so far that i can get for $400 and its got a reasonable spec list on it. i am casting poppers/stickbaits between 100-200grms on pe8 with 120-150lb leaders joined with PR knot with a daiwa catalina 6500H.

oh yeah and it is for GT/TUNA/anything that eats big poppers offshore :lol:

Any input or suggestions would be great thanks!

I dont think Samurai are really known for their popping gear, your best bet would be to look on one of the forums like Gt popping and see if you can pick up a used Fcl, Carpenter, Hots etc or even companies like Jigging Master make some well priced popping rods these days that would be close to $400.

Cheers

Mark

Archived