PWR2W8

So after discovering this fantastic site I now have something to do with my time when the winds are howling 25-30knots and I'm trying to avoid mowing the lawn or painting the roof. My name is Matt and I'm addicted to fishing. Now that the introductions are taken care of, allow me to tell you abut about myself.

I live in Brisbane and try to fish every weekend, I'm reasonably spoilt for boat choice with a 4.55m Sea Jay centre console that lives at bribie island, a 3.5m Savage centre console that sits under the deck at home to poke around the rivers and dams of SE QLD (and occasionally jumpinpin and the bay) and my best mate and his old man's 5.8m Sportsfisher centre cab plate boat for pelagic chasing and bay overnighters to choose from.

A willing participant is never hard to find and being a tradie allows me the freedom of a midweek fish on occasions when the weather looks better during the week than the weekend as well as the benefit of reduced boat traffic and the sparrowfart start is nothing out of the ordinary.

I have had the pleasure of catching some fantastic fish in my nearly 28 years of life so far, from fishing the banks of the Murray for carp as a little tacker with my father to Southern Barrier Reef dogtooth tuna fishing expeditions aboard a multi-million dollar super yacht. Most commonly though its a trip into Moreton Bay for squire/snapper or bream, whiting & flathead in Pumicestone Passage with the mates or the mrs(who has put me to shame on a few occasions).

I have always been a bait fisherman but now I have begun to try out plastics and to be honest I have had some lousy luck with them so far and end up going back to bait. But hopefully with a bit more know how and giving it a good crack I'll start to see more results.I joined this site to gain more knowledge about fishing from fellow fishermen(and women) as well as possibly being able to help out other users sharing the knowledge I have gained.

Tight lines, Matt

Hey Matt,

firstly welcome to the site mate.

best of luck with the plastics fishing, seems hard at first but the more you use them the better you get, and when you start getting onto fish with them the harder it is to leave the plastics out of a fishing sesh. If I go out specifically targeting flathead soft plastics is all I use, so the more you use them the more you will recognize the techniques that works for you. there is heaps of info on this site for you to get you started.

enjoy the site mate

Mick

Cracking introduction.

As mentioned, the socials are a great way to gain a couple of new fishing buds as well as gain some knowledge and different perspectives. The Moreton Bay Classic is coming up and Winter Camp is in a couple of months so don't be shy, they're really good fun.

As with your foray into plastics, keep at it. You'll get some good ideas through reading some reports but also check out YouTube etc. for instructional vids.

Personally, I use plastics for around 60% of my fishing and other lures the other 40 with reasonable success so feel free to drop us a PM anytime if you'd like to discuss tactics or hook up for a session.

Cheers,

Archived