2010 Minn Kota Riptide 55/ST 55-lb Thrust

rathabfishin2

Few questions and hints first.

Check all plugs for any corrosion.

Take both bottom and top covers and check circuit boards for corrosion.

Top is susceptible to salt water ingress and first thing to play up will be autopilot,

About $200 to replace

Also check the red and black wire connection joint. If salt gets into the wires you are up for major costs having to replace curly cord and the internal leads down into the motor.

If these wires are stiff compared to the wires at bottom of the curly cord they are corroded internally.

Another $200 plus .

Open up remote and check for corrosion the early ones were not waterproof and play up. About $180 to replace.Later ones have white markings on keypad whilst earlier ones were just embossed black on black.

Aprox 50% of new price would be fair unless it comes with a guarantee.

Graham Pflaum got one from a member for $650 last year.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks guys. I was thinking much the same (50% of the replacement) Unfortunately the advertiser still has not gotten back to me so I am guessing it is sold and he is oneof the lazy people that do not remove advertisements! Might have to create a new post and see if anyone is thinking about selling theres or knows the best place to purchase new pricewise.

Thats great advice youve been given, having.said that there are usually alot around.

I bought mine off member RHET last year, and was confident of its quality, paid 600, hasnt missed a beat.

Be patient n look around.

Bream master, nuggets, queenaland fishing.monthly forum, gumtree

All these places will havw them at some point.

Overall 500-700

Callun

Archived