Sounder Image Help

BASSTURD

Looks like your strongest returns are in yellow. Any fish that is nice and yellow is in the middle of the arch has gone right in the cone beam. It looks like there is fish balling up a bunch of bait fish on the lower left because your bait ball is split in two. There also looks like some kind of temp Cline and fish above it. You've got it set o 200khz which gives you a narrower cone but with more detail. If you have a 83khz transducer you can widen your search because of the cone degree angle is wider but you have less detail. I'm a Humminbird guy and have the luxury of shooting both beams at the same time {don't know Lowrance too well}and then narrowing down to find fish/structure. You could also maybe turn your sensitivity down a touch in shallower water so you don't get too much clutter but it looks like there are a few fish in the area.

Happy fishin' :woohoo:

That explains the temp Cline. The best thing I did was leave all my gear at home and just play around with the sounder so when you get used to it things pop out at you and you don't just guess, so you just need to use it, use it, use it, you know the old saying.The less time on the water means you need your electronics even more I get alot less time now so only get out 3 or 4 times a year now I read and watch more fishing than I do fish, with a 2 year old and one at 6 months. Man help

Happy Fishin :woohoo:

I would be looking at turning up the sensitivity a touch. It does add a bit of clutter to the screen but those fish arches will show better and you will be able to see more.

The stuff in the 5-10m mark is the Thermocline (I think..) and is probably why the fish are hanging around it.

Another tip is to play around with the colour palette. This can help make the images you stand out a bit more.

Modo is on the money, spend the time on the water playing around with your sounder. Go over structure that you know and see what it comes up as on the unit. This will help give you a good understanding of what your looking at on the sounder. Go over the same structure with different settings (frequency, sensitivity, colour palette) and see which gives you a better reading.

Reading sounders can be a bit of an art, but once you have it sussed it will make a massive difference to your fishing.

Hope this help!

Archived