Ningi session (30-09-07)

reef_raider

so dad and i decided we were going to hit up ningi creek to try for some flatties and invited my mate brad along for a trip out.

we started off right at the mouth to try and pick up some flatties off the sand banks. after about 20 minutes of nothing bang, brad was on, a little 30 odd cm pike. not long after he was on again and another little flatty was landed.

it went a bit quiet for a while so we went around in search of fish but found nothing so we headed back to ningi creek.

we fished the mouth and just in the creek again before realising that the electric motor battery was flat!

so the rest of the day was spent drifting around.

and finally i picked up a little flatty around 35cm. not long after that dad managed a little whiting of around 9 or 10cm on a 3 inch plastic.

but it was just brads day, we headed up a bit more and started to drift, after about half an hour brad hooks up again, but this time it was big, after about 5 minutes of playing this fish a 59cm flattie was landed and brads new PB, about 20 minutes later he hooked up again, got it right up 2 the boat and then a headshake and it was gone, it was about a 43cm flattie.

not long after that we picked up the pots and headed home, managed 5 good sandies.

all in all a great day out, beautiful weather, and well done on the PB brad

Archived