Pflueger spinning reels?

sari96

I love pflueger reels. for a medium priced reel they are hard to beat. I own two 35 size supreme reels and a 25 size president reel and have been more than happy with their performance, The only caveat is if you use them in the salt do wash them down well and spray with ennox/WD40 as the magnesium body's are subject to corrosion if not looked after , Not a problem with me as I'm pedantic as regards looking after tackle

I got a supreme xt from anaconda recently, still on special reduced from $299 to just $99. Not sure if the $299 is a legit price but seem like good value, they have all sizes but make sure if get one you open the box as the boxes don't always contain the correct size reel - I think this might be why they are cheap.

I took the first one back as the line lay was missing the bottom 2mm of the spool, since it's been swapped the new one is fine. you get a spare spool and a neoprene case too.

For experiment sake I bought a 1000 Symetre (Shimano) to see how much I could give it a work out. Used it all weekend and was really impressed. If will now find its way onto my starting bench. This reel was far under $200.

To answer the original question my mate runs all supremes and they are good but seem way more susceptible to salt water corrosion and getting salt in the internals. These were the previous generation supremes though.

Angus

I got a supreme xt from anaconda recently, still on special reduced from $299 to just $99. Not sure if the $299 is a legit price but seem like good value, they have all sizes but make sure if get one you open the box as the boxes don't always contain the correct size reel - I think this might be why they are cheap.

I took the first one back as the line lay was missing the bottom 2mm of the spool, since it's been swapped the new one is fine. you get a spare spool and a neoprene case too.

Hey mate I'd say that was an error with the store you bought it from not the supplier. also the line lay can often be put down to the presence/lack of shims under the spool.

Archived