sunken wall

Saffa

Hmm people would have but the current is extremely strong their. You would catch Squire/Snapper and Bream mainly but theirs chance of other fish. Its not going to be easy to get their by kayak because of the current and the wash of the ships and other big boats. In a boat your ok buy i wouldnt do it in a kayak. Soft Plastics would work well in Nuclear Chicken or be lazy and Soak a squid on a size 2/0 or 4/0 wide gap.

Cheers.

Easy enough to get to. Fo rsure you can launch at the White island boat ramp, head under the bridge and go straight across the river and you at the wall. You might be able to launch from the car ferry ramp, or the police / vmr etc, if you ask nicely, about 500m closer. Then literally only 200m across the river.

Can get a very nasty 3 foot chop if tide is against a stiff north easterly wind, otherwise ok. Mid tide flow is probably 3 to 4 knots.

Saffa wrote:

Has anyone fished the sunken wall Brisbane river using a yak? What sort of fish can one catch and is it a easy spot to get to by kayak? Also what is the best method to fish the area. :)

I have fished the wall several dozen times from a yak.Mostly I have trolled along it, and caught squire,bream ,flathead and Estuary Cod, but have also bait fished by anchoring up and have caught bream using mullet strips.

And to access this area I launch at Pinkenba boat ramp, and just troll all the way up to it.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Archived