Trolmatic.Does it work?

rayke1938

Picked up a trolmatic at the Viccy Point boaties market a few years ago. I didnt really need it at thetime but it was only $20 so what the heck I grabbed it to fill up some of the vacant space in the shed.

After seeing a reference to one in Brians prop thread decided to drag it out and fit it to my 115 mariner.

Had no instructions and wasnt shure how to fit it so i rang solas and they were very helpfull.

Turned iut just drill 4 holes and bolt it on.Here is s shot of the motor before fitting. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010679_AFO-5419b79ab9048defdc566c930349b7df.jpg

post-230-144598428195_thumb.jpg

Rear view.

The flap is normally in the down position and is spring loaded and when the motor gets to about 1100 rpm it povots upwards and diesnt interfere with the operation of the boat.

I was very dubious about it when I fitted it as it takes a lot of pressure to lift it against the spring tension.

At 500 rmp my trolling speed is reduced from 4kph to about 1kph.

My gps will not register under 2kph

650 rmp gives just over 2kph.

750 is 4kph.

Does not seem to affect reversing and I think that top speed had dropped around 3 to 4 kph.

Cant wait to get it up to glenlyon for the cod.

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010681_AFO-385c17fad7dad9adf1b4db1f789206bb.jpg

post-230-144598428201_thumb.jpg

Brian D wrote:

Good stuff Ray, bargin and job well done. Looks like it is factory fitted.

So you'll be taking that boat to Awoonga.

I am still waiting for new axle dont really wish to tow it that far on an unbraked trailer. If it doesnt come early this week we will be taking Grahams boat.

Ray

The flap is spring loaded and the thrust from the motor pushes it up above around 1200 rpm so now i have a trolling speed from a dead slow walk to about 4.5 kph at 1150 rpm when the flap lifts and speed increases to about 10kph.

Before my slowest trolling speed was around 4kph at 500rpm and the motor didnt really like running that slowly for extended periods.

The motor is a 115 mariner 2 stroke on a 5m hydrofield.

Cheers

Ray

Archived