Pine River Arvo/ Night Sesh 22/4/2013

STKE

Howdy

Possibly like a few others trying to make the most of taking these 3 days off to cram in as much fishing as possible.

Somerset was a disaster (Easter long weekend). Couldn't find any shrimp or redclaw, struggled with the 4 days fishing with poor results

Hit up the pine last night with a mate for a bit of a fish and crab, as well to see if there were any sharks still around

Picked up some decent bream and a whiting, couple muddies too. Looks like to sand crabs are starting to show up as well. Got bucket loads of undersized ones.

No sharks or anything big, did hook up to a good size cattie, they always put up a good fight on light gear.

Saw some surface action under the bridges which looked like bait fish feeding on baby prawns. Decided the have a few throws with the cast need and ended up with a bucket of what I believe to be Herring. So divided up for bait for the next few trips.

Also caught a couple of mystery fish, Can't say I've seen these before. Some sort of eel but has a catfish head. I've added a photo

Now to decided what trip to do next with the whether so magic. Can't decided whether to stick with the Pine or Hit up the Brisbane river.

post-10385-144599044393_thumb.jpg

post-10385-144599044403_thumb.jpg

Archived