Need a new Swag

Damien2Rad

The time has come for me to upgrade my old swag. We've had some good times together over the last few years, travelling the country side... but it's too small, I've lost all the fittings and poles and age has wearied it's once comfy mattress. I must be getting older and more mature, or drinking less because I'm finding myself chasing some small creature comforts...

Can some one recommend a good swag (or swag and stretcher combo) that I can buy locally? Not over worried about price.

What do you use?

Cheers, Damien.

I just upgraded, Wild Earth have a massive range of swags and sell online or in their store on the Gold Coast. I spent over an hour down there and went for the Safari Wanderer, one of the main features I wanted was an opening at the feet, even if its raining or freezing cold I can open the head and foot for plenty of airflow. Check them out! http://www.wildearth.com.au/shop/swags/16

I spent 3 years in cattle camps in the Northern Territory back in another life. We went out for 2 to 6 weeks at a time and that is all we lived in. By far the best swag is a plain sheet of 10 by 12 canvas. Forget all of the pockets and zips and mesh and that crap. That gives plenty of room for you and your gear if it rains.

Cheers

Andrew

Archived