Micro jigging Fraser island

Mul87

I got a call last week from a mate of mine if I was interested in going on a charter at Fraser and of course I jumped at the chance to. And it was a chance to put some of the new range from tactical fishing jigs to the test.

Made our way up on the Friday long weekend me and 40 000 other ppl 5.5hrs to get to Hervey bay and we were wrecked. Now it was time for checking rigs and getting ready for the next day.

We hit the ramp at 4am meet tri all keen as to get into what ever was out there but our hearts were after golden on jigs. We took off and soon enough got to the 1st spot with in 5min we had our 1st fish a small spotie. It went back then bam another hit this thing hit like a train then bam gone. The sun was just starting to rise when when we moved to our second spot. And the sounder came alive. 4 of us on but couldn't land a.fish cause of the sharks. We moved a bit and found some queenies and it was on for young and old. Few landed and pics taken it was off to the honey hole.

My 1st drop in the new area on a 40g tactical fishing jig and the rod buckled over and line started screaming off. I want losing this to a shark so I wound up the drag and after what felt like 20min up popped a golden... The look on the boys face of shock and I WISH THAT WAS ME was gold. And I was rooted. But we marked heaps of fish so we went back.

4 drifts and 4 fish landed me Tom than and khan. After some pics and go pro footage we were all hurting. And the day was almost at a end. But there was still some time to chase some LT unfortunately we didn't land any LT but loads of spottes.

One of the best trips I have ever been on and we'll worth the drive up. If u want to really test what your gear can do head up and find out.

Archived