Lucky New Rod

Mack_attack

A couple of weeks ago i bought a starlo stick from ando_04 and immediately it became my new lucky rod.

After a fairly unsuccessful trip at mud island last week we chose to stop at the rock wall at the brisbane river mouth. We were flicking a few plastics around and within two casts i was onto my first ever legal brissie river snapper. It took out at least 15m of drag straight back to the wall and i was sure that i was going to lose it. after a few tense moments the fish turned around and it was safely boated.

The second good fish caught on this rod in as many weeks was my first ever legal yellowbelly (and first on a lure) caught at NPD this afternoon. After taking Tim's advice we headed to a bank with a decent drop off and again i started to flick some plastics around while Will chose to cast the Jackall he had found a while ago. after my third cast i hooked up to what felt like a freight train that screamed of 20m of line before giving up and acting like a wet sock. The fish went 47cm and was released after a few short pictures.

Both of these fish were caught on 10lb fireline with an 8lb flurocarbon leader

pics to follow

cat fish wrote:

where are the beest places to buy top notch fishing rods

I won't claim it's the \"beest\":silly: , but Amart has Starlo Stix same as in this story and other sizes all at $85.00 at the moment.

Most bigger tackle stores will have a range of products to suit budgets.

Rocket

Archived