Tailor Morning Session 10/09 Gold Coast

Damien2Rad

Hey Guys,

Hit the beach of the Southern Gold Coast around 5:30 am today to a see that didn't look fishy... no gutters or holes, just a flat beach break. Considering giving up before we started and trying a new (probably crowded) spot, I put in a few prospecting casts and what do ya know, I get a hit.

That settled it, we needed to put in a few more casts...

We got 3 legal tailor and some smaller ones, plus some small school mackerel in the lead up to the 6.20am high tide... once the sun came up they went off the bite....

....we got to the point where we said "5 More casts each and we'll move"... and once again it was fish on.

We ended up getting 3 more good Tailor as the tide dropped, between 7:30 and 9, including heaps more small school mackerel (450mm, biggest was 499.5mm) and one fish that was much much bigger, suspect large school mackerel or small Spanish (we've landed one other small Spanish mackerel in this spot before). I got it in close relatively easy, into the white water...nearly there.... then he woke up and ran... and ran and ran and ran... I thought he went right, so I dodged to the right of the rock in front of me, but he'd actually gone left parallel to the beach and of course tangled my braid around the cunje covered rock and eventually busted through my braid. Absolutely devastated.

Any ways, as usual for me and my mates all our fish were caught on genuine Toby's of 40g and light surf outfits.

Here's a picture of my lunch and dinner:

post-7684-144599121311_thumb.jpg

post-7684-14459912132_thumb.jpg

Tight lines,

Damien.

Archived