Merry Christmas everyone

Old Scaley

Merry Christmas to all my online friends at AFO.  I have met some of you, feel like I have met some of you, and look forward to meeting more of you sometime. 

I have had a very quiet fishing year in 2015. Usually I would have at least a couple of fishing camping trips each year, but managed none this year except the annual pilgrimage to Burrum Heads in January. Having kids who live overseas kind of narrows down your holiday options sometimes.  I am hoping for a fishy 2016 and will share any successes or learnings with you all. 

Can I just say how much I have enjoyed the site over the last few months. Two reasons for this - I think it was Dino who got everyone to stop lurking and start posting; and secondly the site upgrade has improved the user experience. So great job admin, thanks for your efforts. I think the site has nice feel about it these days. I do lurk on that other site where the boats and the fish are usually bigger, but so are the egos and the arguements. People on AFO are always friendly and helpful and no one gets trolled for asking simple questions.

Have a great break everyone. Hope to see you on the water somewhere soon.

Cheers, Steve.

Well said and Merry Xmas Steve - from memory we've only met in person the once so we'll have to add to that tally and use our Dragonfly's to gang up on the fish next year. I tried mine out yesterday and even without any tinkering I was very impressed so looking forward to getting to know it well. Have a great Xmas mate and see you on the water.

Archived