A Fishermans Son, But Very Green

XzacT

Hey guys, new to the site.

I finally convinced my old man to part with one of his tinnies (3.7m Stacer, 15hp). Currently on my way back home from picking it up in Newcastle, via an Easter long weekend on the Macleay River @ Stuarts Point. Lot's of baby Bream and Whiting and a couple of 50cm flatheads on Yabbies. Its a real nice spot and I can proudly say that my first launch went very well.

Home on Tuesday and planning my next trip. I'm in Burpengary, can anyone recommend a decent spot for a learner. I have seen a heap of boats on the Pine at the bridge over the past few weeks. Obviously getting some bites??

Cheers

Zac

Caboolture River is also a good spot. Launch Uhlmann Rd, or if you want to sneak in to Burpengary creek from O'Leary avenue, just be careful when you get down the bottom where it widens out, not passable at low tide near the sewage works, but a nice quiet place for a fish. Can get in to the bottom half of the creek by travelling around from Caboolture river.

And of course the creeks north of the river, Ningi etc, are nice spots for a fish as well.

Hey Zac. Congrats on the new addition to your family.  The passage is a great spot to improve your boating skills. So much area to cover with many different spieces to target.  As you work out what you and the tinny are capable and comfortable doing you can step out into the bay and target winter whiting on the cockle banks, mackerel/tuna close to bribie or put in at scarbough and fish the reef.  Pick your days and you will be fine. 

Archived