Vege Gardens - Show Us What You Got

K-Lub

recently have started a vege patch and talking to few boys at work quite a few fellas have a bit of crop growing too ,

so if you have one going in your yard show us what you have for a bit of inspiration!

Gave it away in the big water restrictions era, most of my fruit trees died or turned to gnarled up miserable excuses that not even the fruit fly bother to visit.

Have tried a few times to reignite the passion now that it rains occasionally, but the Missus whinges to much about the water bill to make it enjoyable to garden anymore.

On 02/05/2016 at 6:07 PM, John said:

@Angus has a supermarket growing out the back of his place. 

Haha cheers mate. @John

Yeah I love my garden. I'll get better pictures of it soon. It is really very satisfying supplimenting significant portions of one's dinner from the yard...

For example...

Tonights meal below includes from the back yard...

Home grown Leek and garlic in the cream sauce.

Home grown chilli and paw paw in the chutney.

Home grown lettuce and butternut pumpkin in the salad. 

Add to that self caught squid and it is a good feeling and damn tasty.

IMG_20160503_185010.jpg

Looks great Angus - I've been meaning to grow garlic but haven't yet.  We have 3 raised garden beds that are two sleepers high but struggle to give things the love they need with two young kids on the go.  Need to put some seeds in trays so we have something in for winter however work on the boat has taken priority ....... :)

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Looks great Angus - I've been meaning to grow garlic but haven't yet.  We have 3 raised garden beds that are two sleepers high but struggle to give things the love they need with two young kids on the go.  Need to put some seeds in trays so we have something in for winter however work on the boat has taken priority ....... :)

Yeah garlic took a season but then you get a glut.

@K-Lub pumpkins... Prob a month from sprouting... You get them ongoing though as the vine lays down new roots and effectively grows out from a new source. This is worth knowing as you can back prune to keep it healthier and the plant will keep growing. Fruit fly can be an issue but there are a few easy mixtures you can make (dr google) that will not negate the ability to eat.

Archived